If you want to stay permit …….

As citizen of the EU you can stay here without a residence announce. It is legal to live there.

When you want to stay longer as three months, you register at


Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs

Evans Building

St Elmo's Square



There for you need:

·         Valid passport or identity card

·         Certificated health care insurance

·         Your Incomes confirmation


This can be any proof that the person is receiving the required income or has sufficient resources in the bank.

Under IDENTITYMALTA  you find information and forms for selves-sufficient as pensioner (Economic Self Sufficiency – CEA Form J)


After 5 years permit on Gozo, you can then apply for a permanent residence document, which confirms your rights to live in the country where you now live permanently, without any conditions: