The pilgrimage church is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It goes back to an apparition of Mary. On July 22nd, 1883, a woman from Gharb heard in her sleep an angel's request to pray three Ave Maria in the chapel of the time. Her terminally ill mother was then healed. A way of the cross leads from the basilica to the opposite mountain Ta Ghammar. The pilgrimage takes place annually.